SainTech XIAD Ion System
Announcing the Series III XIAD ion source system for Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) processes
The SainTech XIAD Ion System has been specially developed to provide a cost effective solution for ion-based vacuum processes for medium to large sized deposition systems. The XIAD provides an extremely reliable and maintenance-free facility for many applications in PVD processes. The compact design and rugged construction allows easy installation to both new and existing vacuum deposition systems.
- Power supply now comes with touch screen interface.
- Touch Screen can be tilted to 45º to allow ease of use.
- Multi-Mode system operation – Continuous, Pulse, Gas Purge, Substrate Pre-clean all at the touch of the screen.
- Save regularly used deposition procedures to file. Save up to 15 separate files with all operational parameters.
- Ion beam energies up to 200eV.
- Ion Beam power to 1.0 kilowatts.
- Anode currents to 5 amps.
- Full-time use of high purity oxygen.
- Highly efficient patented gas injection design greatly reduces gas load.
- Direct water-cooling to reduce maintenance, radiation load and venting delays.
- Extremely low maintenance. The patented design utilizes a specially coated anode, that resists build-up of electrically insulating oxide coatings. No need to change anodes for different gases.
- Extremely stable operation in IAD processes due to patented electrode design.
- Broad - beam divergence for large area coverage with a uniform ion flux.
- Rapid start-up – Only 3 seconds to stable operation from Start.
- Special Coiled Filaments provide >12 hours in pure oxygen per filament.
- Pulse-mode Operation for ion-assistance of radiation-sensitive film materials such as many commonly used infrared and UV thin film materials eg MgF2 & LaF2. For further information please refer to separate information sheets.
- Gas Purge Mode provided to allow routine purging of gas lines. Automatically switches off at pre-set timeout or when gas flow reaches < 1% of flow range.
- Pre-deposition Clean Mode provided to easily pre-clean the substrates immediately prior to deposition.
- Remote Control & Monitoring of process parameters. Remote control through RS232 protocol.
SPECIFICATION – SERIES III ST55
||Source diameter 60 mm diameter by 60 mm long (2.5” x 2.5”)
Source weight – 1.4 kgs (approx. 3 lbs)
||Anode volts selectable to 225 volts; anode power 1000 W
Anode current to maximum 5 amps under manual or automatic beam control
||Wide beam divergence in excess of 80 degrees
||Approximately 7sccm argon required to produce 2 amps (typical)
||minimum 2.3 liters/minute. Water flow is constantly monitored
||weight approx. 28 kgs (60lbs) 135mm x 480mm x 406mm
- Dual Gas DG. Option provides facility to deliver either of two installed gases in either pure gas or specified gas mix ratio. Gas mixture is set from the touch screen.
- Mounting Hardware MH. Several options are available. The mounting brackets are clamped to a special gas feedthrough
Complete Series III XIAD package includes:
- XIAD Ion Source
- XIAD Series III Power supply - 208 or 230 VAC, single phase 50 or 60Hz; 10 amps
- Gas flow controller supplied 25 sccm (oxygen) Alicat Scientific.
- Operational, maintenance and service manual
- All feedthroughs – gas, electrical & water
XIAD Series III power supply with Touch Screen interface
Complete system supplied with all hardware for installation to new or existing vacuum systems.
All vacuum feedthroughs for process cooling water, reactant gas and electrical supply are supplied to individual requirements. Vacuum chamber flange types supplied to individual requirements.
Click here to download a brochure
NOTE: Adobe Acrobat required